I’m trying not to complain about anything this week. It’s hard! (See? Complaining!) When Dee called this morning, I told him about Moosies spilling her fishy crackers and Kbug knocking over my vase of flowers. Really? Is that all?
Dee said, “Babe, would you trade all the messes for no kids?” (Oh drat. Convicted again! He’s so wise and kind, that man of mine.)
NO! A thousand times NO!
Basically, as Pappy puts it, I need to “suck it up!” and welcome the messes.
If I seem sickly sweet and happy this week, it’s because I’m working on gratefulness. Please stick with me! And know that I may be blinking back tears and gritting my teeth as I journal my blessings.
Today I’m thankful for…
1. small hands, still learning coordination
2. hot showers
3. a sharp razor
3. a full pantry
5. chubby toddler legs
6. coffee (even lukewarm!)
7. three friends that call, just to say “hi,” invite me to girls night, and tell me about free tickets to Sight and Sound
8. a mother-in-law that offers to watch my youngest kids so I can GO to Sight and Sound!
9. sisters-in-law to go with me
10. farm fresh eggs — free!
11. a brand new firefly shirt from my sister
12. jeans that look good
13. a husband that goes grocery shopping
14. the smell of soft, clean baby curls
15. sticky peanut butter kisses from baby lips
16. a dishwasher
17. flowers from my man
18. “Parenthood” on NBC tonight!
19. a daughter that thinks to write a thank you note all on her own
20. ripped knees in boy jeans
21. a bunk bed for tent forts…
22. …and flashlights to make it even more cool
Thanks for staying! My list might seem insignificant, but I hope to let a new attitude of gratefulness fill my heart. If it does, no doubt it will spill over somewhere else too!